Friday, January 13, 2012

The PERFECT Card

I love the perfect card. Cards that feel like you actually could have been the maker/author because they perfectly say what you would or describe your relationship with someone. I love finding one for someone on their special day, and I love to receive a card that says just the right thing. Last year, I received 2 perfect cards. The sentimental make-you-cry card from my parents and the laugh-til-you-cry-cause-it-is-so-true card from ~ Troy, of course.
Sharing the "you're so great" card from my parents seems a little nauseating. BUT, I have to share Troy's card. It says this:


To My WIFE On Your BIRTHDAY

For putting up with all my moods...
And making me eat healthy foods
For trusting me with saws and drills (Despite your doubts about my skills...)
For tolerating all my quirks.
As well as friends who can be jerks
For rarely minding when I nap
Or take a thirty-minute...um...you know...
For letting me undo my shorts
As I drink beer while watching sports...
For getting deep inside my heart
And never fainting when I fart...
For bringing LOVE into my life...
I'm so glad that you're my wife!

LOVE YOU...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!



Romantic? Not really. True? Almost every word. He doesn't have any friends who are jerks or drink beer while watching sports (it is coke and Sci-fi) but those are the only things that made it obvious that he hadn't commissioned the card to be written for us...I seriously might have thought so otherwise. As I was reading, I would look up at him in disbelief because it is all dead on, and he just had that knowing grin.
The perfect card. I love it!!


Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment