Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Trials


Trials.  No one likes them.  Not the ones we hear about on the news or read about in the newspaper, and certainly not the personal trials and/or a tribulation in our own lives.  However, they are put on us for so many different reasons, but the main one is for our good or betterment – even though we may not see or understand or even feel that while it is happening.

I quit my job back in March of this year.  At first it seemed like the “right” thing to do.  I thought I would easily be able to find another job quite quickly.  However, that was Not part of God’s plan.  Instead, it is now May and I am still unemployed.  However, God is working all of that out.  He is providing in ways I did not even consider as possibilities.  More on that later…but I will preface with, “…nothing is impossible with God.”

I have been participating in the women’s Monday night Bible studies since I became a member of NBCC 
back in October 2011.  It has been such a blessing in SO many ways.  If you have thought about joining “the next study”, but have yet to do so – perhaps this is the catalyst for you to reconsider and just do it.

Some people may think that the Old Testament doesn’t really apply to us anymore, and that even though the stories are good to hear from time to time that they don’t really apply to us anymore since we are under the New covenant.  Well, I’m here to tell you that they do.  We have studied Nehemiah, Deuteronomy and are currently going through Malachi.  With the trial I am facing right now, these studies (that we have been going through over the last several months) have been SO in tune with my situation – even to the point of me going through a week’s worth of homework and thinking to myself, “This doesn’t apply to me” – and then during the discussion finding some insight that does SO very much apply.  The revelations are astounding.

I am finding myself in my current situation recalling things discussed and learned during Nehemiah and Deuteronomy that at the time seemed to have a different meaning, and now seem to completely apply to me personally in my current situation as well.  And, even now with Malachi, I am seeing the situation with the disputations between God and his people completely applying to where I am now (and my questions to God).

Basically ladies, if you think the studies won’t apply to you – you’re wrong.  Even if they don’t apply in your current situation, like they are with me and mine, they may.  It may be 3 weeks, 3 months or 3 years from now (or they may not be about you – they may be for the benefit of someone you know or love or come in contact with) –but a the end of the day – there is definitely something to be learned and realized and applicable to all who attend and participate.  I strongly encourage you to attend and broaden your walk.

I have learned that I am passionate about missions and helping/serving people (Nehemiah).  I have learned about my walk with God and how obedience and humility and His sovereignty (it’s not about us – but us fully surrendering and living to worship and glorify Him) are keys to having the fulfilling relationship with Him (and reaching our “promised land”) (Deuteronomy).  And, I am currently seeing my own disputations with God (due to my own personal situation) and how that compares to the Israelites, and how much God truly loves us and wants to shower His great love all over us if we would just trust and obey (Malachi) – and I’m sure I will learn more as we continue through the study.  I could bore you with all the details of my situation and the spectacular ways that God is addressing each issue and concern that I have, but I think if you look back at your own lives and situations – you can see those for yourself.  In the end, I am realizing that He DOES have a plan and sometimes part of that plan is going through some stuff and attending a Monday night study (even when you don’t feel like it).  I would not trade the relationships and true friendships that have been forged with these ladies for anything.  It is a wonderful time of sharing and being open to learn in ways that may not be traditional.  We are vulnerable, transparent, open and honest and most of all loving and caring.  Who would want to miss out on all of that?

Pam Rosky

No comments:

Post a Comment