Friday, June 14, 2013

Through My Eyes: Difficult Teachers, Bayshore Baptist Church, My Bible Confessions and Summer

Hey everyone! I’m sorry I haven’t posted anything for a while. But today, I am
going to talk about a few different subjects. I have had so much going on since I last posted (which is forever ago I know) and I hope to post a whole lot more in the future.
Channelside Academy is a great school. It has seriously changed my life. But one particular teacher is not exactly on my favorites list. Mr. Aparicio is my Spanish teacher. The language was a thing I have had to take for a while and Mr. A joined the staff this year. I know I am supposed to respect my authorities but when you have a teacher whom you just hate because of his personality? Let me tell you, his evaluation scores in the behavior section was not exactly what I think he could have hoped for from me. Romans 13 talks all about how we are supposed to submissive to our authorities. Romans 13:5 says “Therefore, it is necessary to submit to your authorites.” Mr. Aparicio is a hard teacher to deal with because of his bad discipline. One time I got in trouble for doing nothing! But you know what? I realized that in that very situation, I was doing exactly what Romans 13:5 says to do. I dealt with the consequence because my authority said to and if I was one of those people who argued, I would have probably brought home a behavioral notification that day.
Ok, y’all. Bayshore Baptist Church is now my prime hang out spot. I love this church. The church is amazing and everyone is so nice here! This week, I have volunteered to do VBS here and work at a station. Previously, I had thought that it was going to be fun and I was going to fit in just right and all the youth would notice me and I would make some friends. Well. I was wrong. I pretty much just sit in story time all day and help the leader. Yesterday, I had to be queen Esther and be stuck in a costume and a light up tiara most of the day (Thanks Tom!) The snacks were held in the Loft. (Oh yes, THE Loft. It is one of the coolest youth rooms I have seen. Its cool and boring at the same time.) But my mother said something that I realized that I was doing this for my love of ministry. She said “You just have to do your best for God. Don’t care about what anyone else will think. Just do it for God.” I’m here at Bayshore cause I delight in serving God, not just impressing anyone else. I have met some great, amazing, unique people at this church. And I come back because of the people who make the days I spend here AWESOME!!
So yes. I have this thing I like to call Bible problems. I am a good Christian girl. I pray everyday. I go to church pretty much and almost everyday of the week. I go to youth group events. You know, the normal. But the one thing I skip every single day that pretty much every single speaker I have heard stresses about is to read your Bible every day. Listen, guys, I am most certainly NOT a morning person. I would rather sleep in till 9-10 o’ clock than wake up at 6:30. I also used to think that the Bible was just a big boring book and that I knew all the stories. But recently, I have started seeing all these new perspectives on new stories and I realized the Bible isn’t such a boring book. It is filled with so much and I have only dug a tiny bit into His word. I hope to fix these Bible dilemmas.
This summer is jam packed with things to do. This week I am finishing VBS here at Bayshore, then I’m headed to Bigstuf again next week!! (I have a blog about last summer at Bigstuf; you should go check it out!) Then the week after that I have Lake Aurora. Then I am off to Texas with my grandparents, and Monday’s at NBCC with the Upward Soccer Clinics. Stop by and say hey or sign your kid up! It’ll be a awesome and fun way to get your kid into sport and my dad will be running the whole thing. Hope you guys have an awesome summer and I will blog again sometime soon.

Through My Eyes…respecting authorities is important even though you might not like that particular authority, volunteering for God has benefits, and there is so much more to the Bible than you think.


                                                            - Abby 

No comments:

Post a Comment