Monday, March 5, 2012

Missions Monday


One of my AHA! moments during a Mission ’s Trip

I think it was November of 2009 and we were building a baptistery in Lluidasvale , Jamaica and we were about two days away from finishing it when we were told an old man, Ivan, wanted to be baptized.  He was not in good health and couldn’t walk.  I was the one working on the baptistery.  I hurried my work because I thought Ivan might die first.  I finished tiling on Wednesday and on Thursday we set out to baptize him.
            Since he couldn’t walk, we took a wheelbarrow down to his house, with about four men, put a carpet in it, and loaded Ivan into his Jamaican Taxi.  We had to push him up a hill to where the church was and it was quite an effort.  
            During our evening program, we put Ivan on a metal folding chair and three or four of us lowered him into the pool and dunked him.  He really needed that too.  He was baptized and lifted out of the pool by all the men.  He had a big smile on his face and said a grateful thank you.  Ivan still lives on today.





-- Ken Meech

No comments:

Post a Comment