Friday, June 15, 2012

Kristian's Kaleidoscope (Installment 5)


Who’s ready for wacky Wednesday? I know I am! Its going to be so much fun, don’t forget June 27 is also our Churchwide Game Night. So be ready to have some fun and fellowship with others here at NBCC. That Sunday, however, I preach. I know a lot of you were asking me because you missed the first sermon but don’t worry! There is more of me to be had. I can’t wait to get the chance to preach again; I am very much looking forward to it. 
Like I say every week, God is doing big things here at NBCC and I cannot help say it, it's true! With big events like Wacky Wednesday, VBS, the mission trip to the Bahamas, and last week's Prom. It is hard to say that God isn’t moving this church. On that note, I just want to say how excited I am for VBS. Kids are one of my biggest passions so it’s going to be great working with them. We all have to admit the best part about kids is the fact that they say the darndest things. So if you want to hear the funniest things you have ever heard, and teach kids about Jesus then come help us out July 15th through the 19th. 
Well, as some of you who were at church this Sunday know, I had the privilege of doing the communion meditation. I truly enjoyed leading the church into a time of remembrance of Christ and His sacrifice. Like I said on Sunday, our time of reflection should truly put us back into that room where Jesus washed His disciples feet. As we meditate on Him, we should be brought into that upstairs room; we should see Jesus holding the cup in hand; we should feel ourselves reclined at the table. When we do this, when we remember like this, then we start to see the real picture of Jesus’ sacrifice; then we start to make out what He really went through on the cross. When we put ourselves back where He first broke bread, then we can see the pain in His eyes, the suffering on His face and see a glimpse of His great love for us. For then we will know that our God truly loves us and how great His only Son's sacrifice was. 
I look forward to another great week here at NBCC and can't wait for all the new, exciting, upcoming events! So everyone be ready for what God’s going to do! 


Kristian Beasley
Ministry Intern


“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment