Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Praying for the Bahamas Team - Pam

This is my first out-of-country mission trip and technically only my second mission trip ever (the first being the Steppin' Stone road trip on 5/5/12).  I think I've blown up John Hartley's email box with all of my questions about what to bring, when and where we are leaving from, what can we bring for the Camp, what else, etc.  I'm a "planner" and a list person.  This is how I stay focused and organized at my job and it overflows into the rest of my life.  This is good, though.  I'm "ready" from the perspective that my suitcase is packed (under the maximum weight of 50lbs - per the scale at Publix) and all my lists have been checked as completed.  So, one would think that I am prepared for this trip - or at least it looks good on paper.  
This is where Pam stops and God takes over.  My prayer is that God will open my eyes to truly see the world and these people we are going to serve and serve with.  I pray that He will clean my ears out to hear the needs, concerns, prayers and praises of this trip.  Mostly, I pray for our Lord to just rip wide-open my Heart for what hurts His.  I want to feel their needs and feel their joys.  I want to identify with each person I come in contact with.  I live in such a "bubble" here.  I have a great job, a nice apartment, food, clothes, a car, money, great friends and a wonderful church family.  I have no idea what it will be like there, but I know it's not going to be the nice, neat little box that I currently call Pam's world.  I want God to take my world apart and bring me into the world He wants me to serve in the name of my Savior Jesus Christ.  
The song that's been on my heart recently is "Worlds Apart" by Jars of Clay.  All I want is for Him to "...take my world apart, I am on my knees...".  To bring this full-circle right to where it started...it started with John Hartley at the Faith Promise Rally handing out a piece of chalk and telling us all to go home and draw a circle around ourselves with that chalk and think about Isaiah 6:8:  "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!".  What's left of that chalk and that passage are hanging on my bulletin board at home. 




Pam Rosky
Bahamas Team Member

No comments:

Post a Comment