Sunday, June 24, 2012

Through my eyes...BigStuf

BigStuf. It’s what the teens rave about year after year. Now, I understand completely why. BigStuf is an amazing conference/camp that can really change your heart, soul, and mind. It was my introduction into the Full Student Ministry program and what an intro it was!
Many speakers presented different views on many different topics that I haven’t thought about. Many testimonies were given and in the end, it showed me how God worked through each of those people in their problems. Andy Stanly gave me an understanding on how we as teens and adolescents get to get life right the first time. Judah Smith asked the question Is Jesus enough? and put it into a funny (yet serious) conversation. He explained that Jesus will satisfy all needs in life. Pattie Mallette (Justin Beiber’s mom) gave a fantastic testimony about her various problems. The organization, To Write Love on Her Arms talked about Renee, 25, who went through depression, self injury, and other problems, but God helped her through it. Singers like Phil Wickham, Mac Powell of Third Day, Mike Donehey of Tenth Avenue North, Aaron Shust, Natalie Grant, Trevor Morgan, Rend Collective, Shane & Shane, and Laura Story took the stage and worshiped with us.
BigStuf has connections with many organizations that help people all over the world. The 410 Bridge, a organization created by BigsStuf, sends Bibles to kids in Kenya. I was able to donate a Bible to a little boy named Bilha Njeri. I took a picture with a note written in his native language, Swahili. The picture of me is in the Bible I sent him.
Group time allowed our youth group to talk about what the speakers said. Justin asked us various questions like what would you want your future self to tell you now? or what would you tell your younger self? This was a time for us to talk and bond as a group.
Through my eyes...BigStuf is an AMAZING experience for everyone……students AND sponsers. There are still some livestreams up! Wanna be a sponser next year?

Abby B.

No comments:

Post a Comment