Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Krisitan's Kaleidoscope: North American, Microphones & Crazy Kids (Installment 10)


For those of you who were wondering where your ministers were this past week. We were at the North AmericanChristian Convention, and it was incredible! The convention was held in Orlando at the World Marriott hotel. The convention was a week long and consisted of two main sessions a day with several classes to choose from in between. While there, we got to hear such speakers as Rick Warren, author of Purpose Driven life, Bob Russell, and Christian comedian Chonda Pierce. The theme for this year was Refreshed, and that’s what we got, refreshed and renewed in the Lord. I have to say out of all the great speakers and classes my favorite part of the trip was getting to spend time with the staff that went. We had a blast together! We even volunteered to help count offering for the NACC, and that’s were we had some of the best times. All who went to the NACC were truly blessed!
Well, I hope you were at the ten-thirty service this Sunday because I got the chance to preach. What an experience and opportunity it is to preach the word of God! I just thank everyone here at NBCC for letting me get the chance to speak. I truly love preaching the word of God.  I preach again at all services on the 29th so no excuses as to why you cant hear me then. And for all those wondering this time I will check the microphone before I get on stage. For the record, I just want to say I did turn the mic on; it just didn’t work. So not my fault, but all in all I had a great time up there, and I thank you for all your support. I just want to say that I really love speaking here at NBCC and being with you all and the reason is, I feel so loved here. I am not so scared to mess up when I preach, and I don’t get so nervous because I know no matter what, at the end of the day, you all love and care for me.
By the way, last night was our first night of Vacation Bible School, and it went great. The kids are learning about God on Promise Island, while here great stories, and doing fun activates. I ask you all to be in prayer for VBS, please pray that God will plant a seed in these kids so that it may one day grow into a beautiful tree of the knowledge of God. Oh, and I ask that you will as well keep those helping out at VBS in your prayers because kids are crazy, they have more energy than they know what to do with. 

Kristian Beasley
Ministry Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment