Saturday, July 14, 2012

Kristian's Kaleidoscope: Installment 9

This last week, I had the privilege of visiting with one of NBCC’s finest members just for fun. It was a great joy to my life, and I hope they enjoyed the company as well. Not all the time but most of the time, I believe God gives us great joy when we are conversing and growing closer to other people. It is amazing how great a feeling you get when you receive a new friend. I was blessed this week in the same way when I got a chance to just kick back and talk one on one with a long time member here. I hope that person knows what a blessing that was for me. For those of you who do not yet know, I have been taking over Troy’s college and career class (C2) this summer. While we have been studying the Psalms, many great questions have been asked and answered, but last Sunday, I asked a really tough question and all of the students and myself really enjoyed talking about this topic. So here it is “Does God answer the prayers of a nonbeliever?” I would love to hear what you have to say on the matter. If you want, you can e-mail me at kristian.beasley@johnsonu.edu or talk to me at church about any information you would like to discuss concerning the question. Some verses on the topic are John 9:31, James 5:16, and Psalms 34:17. 
I hope you are ready to here your intern preach again! This coming Sunday, I will be preach in the 10:30 service. I know I lot of you have been asking lately when and where I will preach. So don’t miss it! It’s going to be a good one.
Also this week, most of your NBCC staff will be going to the North American Christian Convention. Please be in prayer for us this week; pray that God allows us to grow deeper in the Spirit and the Word as we are filled up and renewed by great preachers and evangelist from around the world. Though some of you might want to be in prayer for Sara Sharp and Shirley Wentzel as they hold down the fort while were gone having fun. This will be a great change of scenery for us, and I can’t wait to get in the hot tub at the hotel. I told Troy that I am only bringing two things my Bible and my swim suit. However, all playing aside I really want to grow close to God this week and straighten out a few things in my life. I hope that I get a chance to grow deeper spiritually and intellectually while at the NACC.

Kristian Beasley
Ministry Intern

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment