Sunday, July 1, 2012

Through My Eyes...Appetites

At BigStuf, one of the discussions with Andy Stanley was about appetites. Appetites are something that all of us deal with. Appetites, yes, can be for food, or it can be for many other things (being the best at everything, love, friends, ect.) Andy says that (and I quote) appetites will “determine the direction and quality of your life. In fact, it will determine the quality and direction of your life even more than your theology.” Of course, I think he has a point. I think that appetites are for something that we desire so much, but it often spins slowly out of control. Andy talks about how we should take control of your appetites because if you don’t rule them, they will rule you. Appetites are desires. I know this is a short blog, but it gives you a whole lot to think about. What are your appetites? Are they controling you? The live stream is still up if you want to check it out.

Through my eyes...appetites are something you can rule or else they will rule you. 

Abby B.

No comments:

Post a Comment